Search This Blog

Thursday 14 July 2016

Furry Frankie Nails Tutorial

I really, really love dressing up for Halloween. This year HalloweenCostumes.com sent me a costume so I could make some custom monster nail art. I chose a monster called Furry Frankie. I also picked up some awesome fake talons to use as my monster claws but this tutorial would totally work on short nails, too.
In this tutorial I used Chine Glaze Turned Up Turquoise, ACO Neon Purple (from Ardene, their polish is surpisingly good and cheap!), a purple Ebay nail art pen and Seche Vite topcoat.


tips & tricks

  • You don't have to tape if you're confident with your freehand skills, but taping does give a nice, sharp edge.
  • If you do decide to tape, make sure your polish is completely dry or it will pull off your bottom coat when you remove it.
  • To do this design on normal nails, just make your "V"s of color thinner.
  • Play around and do different pattern and color variations on each nail. It suits the fun, wacky design!
  • If you do this design on long talons, make sure you paint the underside the same color as your base!
  • To hold fake nails in place while I paint, I stick them to the top of polish bottles with blue sticky tack.


Still have some questions? Send me an email and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Don't forget to email me a photo of your Furry Frankie nails so I can see your beautiful work!


No comments:

Post a Comment