Search This Blog

Thursday 21 July 2016

Panda Nails Tutorial


I've always wanted to do a panda nails tutorial! I love having these cute little dudes looking up at me, and it was so quick and easy to do! A dotting tool makes this tutorial much, much easier but if you don't have one...don't fret! I used the end of a paintbrush to do the large ear and eye dots, and the end of a hair pin (bobby pin) for the nose. You just need something round and about the right size. If you're interested in investing in a set of dotting tools (which I highly reccomend) I've included a link below to a good set at a decent price!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
In this tutorial I used Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in White On and Black Out and a dotting tool and the end of a paint brush. As I always, I used Seche Vite top coat and OPI Nail Envy base coat. For the green bamboo in the "finished product" photo, I used a green nail art pen I got from ebay.

tips & tricks

  • Make sure you make your white semi circle large enough. You need enough room for those eyes! I kind of wish I'd made mine bigger so I could have given them little mouths!
  • Remember that the pressure you use with your dotting tool will dictate how big the dot is. More pressure makes larger dots, less pressure makes smaller dots.
  • When you're making the eyes, pull down gently without pressing too hard. You don't want to smear the white.
  • It's very important to let each dot dry in between, you don't want the white and black bleeding together.
  • If you are having trouble with the last step, the black "u" shape, don't worry. If it looks weird, just go over the white with a dotting tool to clean up the shape.
  • Pay attention to the angle you put the eyes at. You can see the panda on my ring finger looks a bit cross eyed because his eyes are sitting at different angles!

    Still have some questions? Send me an email and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Don't forget to email me a photo of your panda nails so I can see your beautiful work!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment