Search This Blog

Thursday 14 July 2016

Chevron Nails Tutorial



This chevron nails tutorial is much easier than the final look suggests! It's all thanks to this lovely new product, Nail Vinyls! I'd seen so many pictures on instagram of flawless chevrons and when I discovered it was because of these handy pre-cut stickers I promptly placed my order. If you're not an online shopping fan, you can still have chevron nails by free handing it or using scotch tape and zig zag craft scissors. What I like about the nail vinyls is they're thicker and heavier than scotch tape, so I found them much easier to control. I've spent too many hours fighting with scotch tape and calling it bad words!
In this tutorial I used Outdoor Girl in Blue, NYC in Water Street Blue, American Apparel in African Violet and Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in White On, Seche Vite top coat and OPI Nail Envy base coat. I used the full size Nail Vinyls Chevron stickers, but they have a mini version too!


tips & tricks

  • It's so important that your base color is dry. If it's still a bit wet, it will lift up when you peel off the stickers. Seche Vite (or another fast dry top coat) can help speed up drying time.
  • I like to use tweezers for placing and removing to have as much control as possible.
  • Press the stickers right into your cuticles so there's no little gaps for your sponged polish to get in and ruin the shape.
  • You need to remove the stickers while your polish is still wet, so I find it's best to work one finger at a time.
  • If your gradient doesn't look blended enough, move the sponge slightly up and down to help mix the shades.
  • Apply top coat before you do your clean up, just in case you accidentally brush your design.
  • To clean up, just dip a brush or Q-Tip in nail polish remover or pure acetone and rub away the polish on your skin.  Easy!

  • Still have some questions? Send me an email and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Don't forget to email me a photo of your chevron so I can see your beautiful work!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment