Search This Blog

Thursday 21 July 2016

Polka Dot Nails Tutorial


This polka dot nails tutorial is perfect for beginner artists. It's fast, cute and looks really impressive when it's done! All you need is some polish and some different sized dotting tools.  Dotting tools are endlessly useful, I would really recommend picking up a set. 
In this tutorial I used Maybelline Color Show in Go Go Green and Iced Queen, NYC polish in Water Street Blue and Sally Hansen Triple Shine in Lemon Shark. For my dots I used the head of a sewing pin and a two size dotting tool.

tips & tricks

  • Wait until your first layer of dots dries until you add the next layer. The colors can bleed together and starting over is SO annoying!
  • Try to add your second dot right in the center of the first. It helps give the optical illusion more POP!
  • Your nails can get a bit bumpy from all the dots, so you might want to add a second layer of top coat.
  • Don't be afraid to overlap your dots.
  • Fill in empty space with dots of different sizes to help create interest.

    Still have some questions? Send me an email and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Don't forget to email me a photo of your polka dot nails so I can see your beautiful work!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment