Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Ombre Nails Tutorial


I've gotta be honest. When it comes to nail art, I play favorites and ombre nails are my favorite by a long shot! The work is pretty minimal and the final results is super stylish and impressive. They look amazing on their own or as a base for leopard print, butterflies, zebra or pretty much anything else you can think to paint on your nails!  Ombre nails are a great way to add a "wow factor" to an otherwise plain design or pattern.  Play around, be creative, have fun!!!
In this tutorial I used China Glaze in Spontaneous, Essie in Mod Squad and OG Polish in Pastel Blue. I also used a cosmetic sponge and Seche Vite top coat to finish it all off!

tips & tricks


  • If your sponge is absorbing too much polish, get it wet, wring it out and then paint on your polish.
  • Try to hold your sponge parallel with the nails and sponge in an up and down motion.
  • This look works better with colors that compliment each other. If you try it with orange and green they might just blend into a mud color!
  • The color you want at the base of the nail should be the first line on the sponge.
  • For clean up I recommend pure acetone and an angle brush, just make sure you follow up with cuticle oil as acetone is very drying.

    Still have some questions? Send me an email and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Don't forget to email me a photo of your ombre nails so I can see your beautiful work!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment