Search This Blog

Thursday 21 July 2016

Palm Tree Nails Tutorial


Even in the middle of winter you can have summer on your hands with these palm tree nails!  It may look tricky but with a long striping brush and a few flicks you can look down at your hands and pretend you're in Barbados no matter how cold it is outside!  In this tutorial I wanted a sunset look, so I started with a lazy ombre as my base.  It would look just as great with a bright blue sky in the background.
In this tutorial I used Sinful Colors in 24/7, China Glaze in Sun of a Peach, ACO in Lovely Day, Sally Hansen in Black Out, OPI Nail Envy base coat and Seche Vite top coat.

tips & tricks

  • The amount of pressure you use when painting your lines will affect how thick they are. More pressure creates bold, thick lines (like you want for the tree trunk) and light pressure creates thin flicks of color (like you want for the palms).
  • If you have enough room on your nail, do two trees! A tall tree and shorter tree will fill up any empty space.
  • Don't over think it! Nature isn't perfect or exact, so don't stress too much about the placement of your flicks.
  • I added birds to mine, but if birds aren't your thing try a couple clouds or a little sun in the corner.
Still have some questions? Send me an email and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Don't forget to email me a photo of your palm tree nails so I can see your beautiful work!

No comments:

Post a Comment