Search This Blog

Thursday 21 July 2016

Penguin Nails Tutorial

Penguin nails are cute and fun and perfect winter. Whenever I do them it makes me giggle every time I see those cute little guys on my finger tips.  This is a great design for beginners.  Easy painting with lots of payoff.  This is actually the first tutorial I ever shot for Nail Art 101 way back in 2011.  Hence the weird photo and strange looking tutorial.  It took me a while to learn how to take good photos of my nail art!

For this tutorial I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away and White On, L.A. Colors Color Craze in Shock, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out.

tips & tricks

  • I used stickers for my bows, but you could certainly hand paint them if you want. Make two dots on either side for the bow tie, and then pull them to join in the center. Voila! Bow tie!
  • They don't have to be blue! Try a bunch of bright colors for a cute Lisa Frank look.
  • If you don't have a dotting tool, there is lots of other things you can use instead. I often use a small, round stud earring
  • To give them extra kawaii eyes, do a large black dot with a smaller white one in the center. Adorable.
  • Give them angry little eyebrows, and boom! You have the madagascar penguins!
  • Paint the white body in a heart shape to make it even more caroon-ish look.
Still have some questions? Send me an email and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Don't forget to email me a photo of your penguin nails so I can see your beautiful work!

No comments:

Post a Comment