Search This Blog

Thursday 21 July 2016

Pastel Nails Tutorial

I am such a sucker for pastel nails! This look is really soft and beautiful, and you can do all ten nails in about 15 minutes. This technique would work for bright polishes too, but I love the way the pretty pastels blend together!  This is also a great base for other designs like florals, drippy nails or quartz crystal nails.
In this tutorial I used Sally Hansen in White On, Jade Jump and Lacey Lilac and Love & Beauty (from Forever 21) in Orchid and Seche Vite top coat.

tips & tricks

  • Be careful when you're adding the green. If you put too much over the purple it can end up looking muddy.
  • Always use a make-up sponge, not a kitchen sponge!
  • I brush the polish on my sponge, then dab it a couple times of a piece of paper so I don't apply too much on my nail. It's easier to add more than take away too much.
  • To clean up our cuticles, just dip a stiff, wide brush in acetone (a Q-tip works, too) and wipe away extra polish.
Still have some questions? Send me an email and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Don't forget to email me a photo of your pastel nails so I can see your beautiful work!

No comments:

Post a Comment