Search This Blog

Thursday 14 July 2016

American Flag Nail Art Tutorial


If you're reading this there's a good chance it's almost the 4th of July! I might be Canadian, but this American flag nail art is so much fun to paint. The stars and stripes are popping up everywhere in fashion at the moment...t-shirts, shoes, shorts. You may as well add nails to that list! It would look awesome with some acid washed nails!
In this tutorial I used Tip Top Nail Chic Nail Build Base Coat, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On, Tip Top Nail Chic in Astronaut, a red two way nail art with a striping brush I got from Ebay and Seche Vite top coat.



tips & tricks

  • A long, thing striping brush will make painting those thin lines a breeze!
  • For a more glitzy look, use little rhinestones for the stars on the flag and a glitter top coat.
  • When you're painting the blue bit, just think of it as half a french manicure!
  • Don't skip the top coat. It will make your designs look smooth and finished.
  • If you make a wonky red stripe, or one is wider than all the others, just touch it up with a bit of white polish.
Still have some questions? Send me an email and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Don't forget to email me a photo of your american flag nail art so I can feature them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment